Thursday, February 01, 2007

The Blahg

When I first started this site, I was excited to write in it. I had an orgy of cleverisms fornicating in my head, and egged on by delusions of grandeur, I thought that people would want to read them. No one did, but I wrote in it anyway, and I felt very smug about some of the pearls of wisdom I thought I was spitting. A few people were kind enough to put links up on their (much more popular) sites, and for a while, I felt pretty damn special that there were a hundred or so complete strangers who were actually willing to take time, time that could never be returned, to read something that I had written. That's a pretty cool feeling.

I don't know what happened, but my ethusiasm started to wane. My well-thought-out posts graduated into pointless drivel about mind-numbing crap, people started taking down my link, traffic dropped, I started to feel disappointed in myself. And it just continues to snowball. Unproductivity begets unproductivity. Lagging self-esteem begets eating disorders and teenagers listening to Staind and cutting themselves...you know the drill. While I haven't begun to vomit on command or subject myself to the music of Staind, my thought processes have. So, I'm going to take a break.

During this time, I will write many, many bad posts, but I will be kind enough not to put them up so those who have stayed true have any more of their time wasted by crap. If something good actually emerges from the confines of this hiatus, I'll post it up with all manner of bells and whistles and smoke and mirrors attached.

'Til then, simmer with the knowledge I just dropped on B's ass over AIM:

B: it's just not fair
L: life isn't fair
L: the haves keep having
L: the have nots keep not having
L: you can get
L: and become a getter
L: but you'll never be a haver
L: unless you always had
L: the difference between a haver and a getter
L: havers just get
L: getters have to work to have

I, on the other hand, am neither a haver nor a getter...I am the walrus.

-L

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I always enjoy the posts whether they are drivel or not.....

8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I check the site everyday as part of my daily avoid work routine. I enjoy the posts. Hope you guys are back soon.

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll miss you!

Reese

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

your early confidence in your "orgy of cleverism" was well-founded. i know you're not fishing for a complement but here is one anyway - you are a clever and well-versed writer and you have more than a handful of fans.

we'll be here, checking as we always do.

-d

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aw, i always enjoyed the posts too... =T

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home