Monday, January 22, 2007

Mondayisms

Apologies for the lack of posting as of late, but I have been stressed at work, stressed at home, stressed with friends and generally funkdified as of late. I’m feeling a lot better, however, now that I have fallen off the wagon (yes, I am drinking again. I thought sobriety might help with my depression, but as it turns out, it just makes me depressed and sober) and I have convinced myself that David Wright has an STD, and that is why he has not yet proposed marriage to me (not because he is busy sticking his thing into every model and aspiring actress on the West Coast). Anyway…

1) My playoff picks this weekend ended up being the Bears over the Saints and the Colts over the Pats. I should really start gambling.

2) Superbowl picks – Colts over Bears (with apologies to all Bears fans). Peyton Manning’s due for a ring.

3) The fam got one of those family plan cell phone thingers, which means that my father will a) be one of those old Asian men who thinks that cell phones only work if you scream into them at the top of your lungs and b) lose his cell phone for the first time within a month. On the bright side, I got one of those LG Chocolate phones.

4) I still have not smoked a cigarette. You’d think that it gets easier after a while, but the sad thing about addiction is that once you’re addicted to something, you’re addicted for the rest of your life.

5) I need a stylist or something. I’m not very girly, and my girly and fashionable coworkers make me feel very unstylish and unrefined and…mannish. Anyone want to help me? I'd be difficult to work with though because I still refuse to spend more than $50 on jeans (and $50 is even pushing it).

6) I still don’t own an iPod. I told my friend I would get one as soon as they invent the best one ever, and stop improving it. So pretty much, I’ll never own an iPod.

7) I still have not picked a laptop. The battle between Mac and Dell continues to rage. Dell seems to be winning. Recently, a new contender came into the mix. HP hasn’t been much of an adversary, but I read about this on Cnet and it piqued my interest. Anyone know anything about it?

8) It’s cold. I hate the cold.

9) The guy over at youyesyou has started a new format where he posts a new cartoon every day. He seems like the kind of dude I’d want to have a beer with.

-L

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get a Dell OR Mac. Dell has crappy hardware that breaks easily, and Mac is more expensive and less friendly with non-Apple products. I have a Toshiba that I really like, and HP notebooks are pretty good too.

11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

In my expierence (I"ve been a geek for 11 years) HP should stick to printers. Their laptops overheat a lot, and the last 3 they came out with had motherboard defects...

11:52 AM  
Blogger Phatso said...

If you have to buy a Windows machine HP will make you happy.

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home