Wednesday, July 19, 2006

A Cautionary Tale

Keeping in line with the "oh for the love of God and all that is holy" disgusting theme that B set up with his last post, here is something a friend of mine posted on his website.

From a 92.3 morning radio show (that's a radio station in NYC, and former home of Howard Stern, for those of you who aren't from around here):

A listener emails:

"I'm in my late 20s and like many of your listeners, during my early 20s, I've slept around quite a lot- unprotected. Every weekend, I'd go out to parties, get drunk, and pick up one night stands. Then I noticed a 'growth' in my [private parts] so I went to a doctor. I was told that I had contracted herpes- the doctor recommended that I also take an HIV test. I now understand what they mean by the most agonizing couple of weeks of your life. The test result was positive. I took another exam and that test result also came out positive. Now I just don't care. I go around to parties and have unprotected sex all the time. Life has dealt me a bad hand and now I'm dealing it back. I got a pretty stressful job and life so I break out all the time. So I try to spread it as much as I can- I consciously rub my sores on to gym equipments, in restaurants, public toilets, etc."

Another listener calls:

"That [censored- above emailer] should get the death penalty! I have a cousin whose husband broke down one day and confessed that he had HIV. Apparently this [censored] went to Puerto Rico before he got married to my cousin and had contracted HIV from his ex-girlfriend. And this [censored] decided to propose to her and have kids anyway. My cousin just tested HIV positive but thankfully, the kids were not."

UGH. It's enough to make me buy a containment suit.

-L

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This kind of shit is the reason why I haven't mellowed with age. Well, I've gotten tired but that's not the same. I would so punch an assclown in the head for that. I've got a bad enough case of not wanting to touch anything in a public place as it is, thank god for booze or I would never be able to ride the subway.

7:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Surely if it was emailed in then the radio station can forward that on to the authorities for investigation and that fuckwit can be tracked down., prosecuted and charged.

8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home