Sunday, July 16, 2006

Blocked

My cell phone rings.

"Hey L, whatcha doing?"

"Snugnuflfn...nuthin'...urg."

"Huh?"

"Watching TV. Mets...baseball. Mythbusters. Blah."

"Wanna come to (blank)?"

"Neh...I'm just gon' stay home."

"You sure?"

"Sneyhhh."

"Uh, okay."

Click.

Lack of activity, brain functions becoming rusty. Hence the block.

My back hurts from lying prostrate in front of the television at strange angles. Switching positions to avoid the direct blast of the air conditioning, returning when I start to feel droplets of sweat collect on my nose. So far I've watched three Mythbusters marathons, 20+ hours of baseball (including Yankee games), five movies on HBO on Demand. My brain has become putty. Ooze. Soon it'll start to drip out of my ears in thick, grey, chunky splats like freshly mixed cement.

At least now I know that you would drift safely to the ground if you fell from a plane atop the inflatable slide, Jawbreakers can explode and burn you, it's impossible to die from your own flatus, a bullet shot into the air cannot land on your head and kill you.

Important stuff, really.

Bear with me. I have an interview next week for a job I don't want. Should be interesting.

-L

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Newton's Laws of Motion strike again. An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted upon by an outside force.

You should shake off the spaghetti-leg syndrome and go do something. Easier said than done, yes, but you may find yourself refreshed. And if moving sucked, you can always stop yourself by another outside force (i.e. Weeds on Showtime On-Demand).

Or would television be an inside force?

9:15 AM  
Blogger Luka said...

I've been recovering from some 'minor' heart surgery for two months now.

'Minor' to the doctors and others whose gloved hands touched my heart.

I digress. I'm stuck recovering at my parents' house, without cable. I am beginning to wonder if my lack of energy is do more to the fact, I have done nothing of interest lately, or a big scar across my chest.

Either way, I can feel the life sucking away when the highlight of my day is placing 68 in a partypoker tourny.

Then again, when I am working. I dream about doing nothing all day.

I've gotten my wish, I guess.

12:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home