Monday, July 10, 2006

Unemployed Mondayisms

Sorry for the lack of posting, but it was my first week of freedom since I quit the soul-sucking job. And it was a hectic one at that speckled with my birthday, B’s birthday celebration, Julia entering a contest type thing of sorts, Dog getting sick and me generally engorging myself with food and alcohol and stressing out about being unemployed. Writing on the site is proving to be difficult when I’m not getting paid (read: wasting billable hours) to do it and there are delicious distractions such as cable television 24 hours a day available to keep my me occupied in a zombie-like trance.

Anyhoo…

1) Unemployment sucks a big fat one, but what’s worse? A job you hate with a steady paycheck or no job and no money? I guess the best situation would be to find a job you love that pays well, but not all of us can be Paris Hiltons and get paid to do absolutely nothing.

2) Getting paid to do nothing would be pretty awesome. I would finally have the time and money to take tap-dancing lessons and go to sniper school and learn how to stunt drive. I’d probably get a lot of massages too.

3) There is a giant mutant fly in this room, and as I am wildly afraid of insects (yes, I know they are significantly smaller than me, but I still find them terrifying as all fuck), it keeps buzzing around my head in all it’s giant mutant glory and breaking my concentration. I had to stop three times in the middle of typing that last sentence to flail blindly at it with a magazine to get it away from me.

4) Raise your hand if you think that YouTube is the best thing to happen to our society in the last five years. *raising hand*

5) Speaking of which, everyone must watch this. I’d like to speak to Don Hertzfeldt and ask him, “What the fuck?”

6) I’m going to see Superman on IMAX today. Unemployment, 1 – Employment, 0

-L

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

but do you think superman hates his day job?

6:55 PM  
Blogger Seth said...

That was a weird ass video.

So you want to be a tap-dancing stunt driving sniper? You would be America's secret weapon!

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home