Friday, October 20, 2006

The Stages of Grief

Denial, anger, bargaining, depression, acceptance...

They're flawed.

Bargaining did not come third. Bargaining came in when Beltran was at bat during the bottom of the 9th with the bases loaded, two outs, and the Mets down 3-1. Please God, I'll go to church every Sunday if he just hits this home run...

When the umpire called strike three, denial definitely set in. I was thoroughly convinced for the next five minutes that he was going to change his mind. Oops! Nevermind, that wasn't a strike!

When I started screaming at the top of my lungs during the long walk from Shea to Main Street, that was anger.

Then when my eyes welled up while we were buying comfort food at Dunkin Donuts, that was me being depressed.

And when I hugged Jeff good-bye and we both said, "next year," I guess we had to accept.

-L

1 Comments:

Blogger nottotaled said...

So, so sad. I cried too.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home