Monday, August 27, 2007

Mondayisms

1) I had a strange weekend. Not entirely good, not at all bad. Just strange.

2) Ended up at a party thrown by a friend's Hungarian ex-coworker on Saturday night at her apartment in the East Village, and it was by far the oddest mix of people I've ever seen--and I mean that in the best way. Take two steps to the left of your comfort zone and the view is entirely different.

3) Speaking of which, I had a huge ego boost in the form of an adorable younger Norwegian guy who's passing through New York on his way to Canada for a semester abroad. Scandinavian guys are incredibly good looking in a not-at-all-my-type kind of way. But I can still appreciate the ocular feast.

4) Facebook is taking over the world.

5) BitTorrent is taking over my life.

6) I have a love/hate relationship with this city. I swell with pride whenever I hear someone who isn't from here talk about how much they love it and I can't imagine making a real life anywhere else, but I feel stir-crazy and all I can think about is how/when/where to get away. I've packed too many skeletons into my too-small closet.

7) The MegaMillions jackpot has surpassed $200 million, and I'm going to buy my first lottery ticket today. I'm already fantasizing about what I could do with that much money...

-L

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

call me

5:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Call you what?

2:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home