Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Fix

I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions, but I'm planning to try some things out. First off, Julia and I have made a bet about smoking. In addition to my pride, my lack of funds leaves me with no choice but to win, so I am now smoke free.

I'm still trying out this positivity nonsense but, to be honest, it isn't going too well. Like I said, happiness is a consequence, and it appears the consequences of my actions and situations as of late have been more depression. C said I should start taking antidepressants. But that was before his started giving him night terrors. Eh, we'll see.

Perhaps the biggest experiment I'm attempting is no alcohol for the month of January. This might not seem like a big deal to most, but when the majority of your social life revolves around guzzling ten beers and acting like an asshole, it's a pretty big change.

Hopefully these small changes will fix some of the things I find wrong with myself/my current situation.

Here's to a good 2007.

-L

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I should quit smoking too. Good luck with that, I turn in to such an asshole when I don't have my fix.

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i quit smoking a month ago (after pretty much chain smoking for 7 years) cold turkey. if you get a craving, remind yourself why you quit in the first place.

3:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use nicorette.... it works, the fruit chill flavor. I chew it much more when I go out to the bars...

8:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home