Saturday, January 05, 2008

Another year, another...yollar

The holidays actually turned out to be pretty awesome. I got some cool gifts from the fam (bike, diamond necklace), B's ladyfriend (crepe pan for to nurture my new cooking obsession), and friends (nice sweaters, linzer cookie cutters, again, for to nurture my new obsession). I cooked an awesome Christmas dinner (way better than my Thanksgiving disaster), saw my grams, and had a pretty good time with good food, good people and my good dog.

New year's eve was the predictable disappointment that I expected and I woke up with one of the worst hangovers of my life and a generous helping of regret, but it's a new year, I've made some attainable resolutions (wake up/sleep earlier, stay organized, don't drink so much, take care of myself) and they've been going pretty well thus far.

I also had a sick, sick opportunity essentially handed to me by an old coworker, and despite two shots of NyQuil and the beginnings of a pretty bad fever, I still can't fall asleep because I'm anxious/nervous/happy/worried about getting started. Let's see how it goes.

Things are looking up. Stay tuned.

-L

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cooking obsession? What are you making?

Also, let's have the New Year's Eve stories.

1:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home