Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Just

-I fell asleep halfway through Half Nelson last night, and I was thoroughly irritated with myself. I'm one of those people who cannot shut off a movie no matter how bad it is (with the exception of some exceptionally bad ones--Glitter, Catwoman), so I was really annoyed that I missed a chunk of a film that I found rather enjoyable. Note to self: go to the bar after the movie.

-I'm watching Miami Ink on TLC, and it's making me want to get a tattoo. I've always wanted one, but without knowing for sure what career path I would end up on, I didn't want to negate any possibilities by getting a huge permanent dragon painted around my neck. If I end up in a creative field, I would probably get a significant number of tattoos. I'd definitely get my lip pierced too. Maybe I should just do it to ensure I won't roll over one day and accept a fate as a corporate drone. I still plan to get one just as soon as I do something noteworthy enough to "deserve" it. So once I write my first book, save my first baby from a burning building, devirginate my first minor, I'll get a huge, tacky lower back tattoo to comemmorate the event (like the klassy brawd that I am).

-Reading back, I see that my earlier entries were much more entertaining, well thought-out and eloquent than any of the crap I've been spewing as of late. I think the stress has taken a toll and I've become nothing but cranky and bitter (moreso than I was in the past). Therefore, rather than continue posting for the sake of posting and tricking everyone into wasting their time reading dumb shit, I'm going to take a break and post when I have something of the same caliber as things I have written in the past. Don't get me wrong, I'm definitely not abandoning this site (I'm still shocked that people who don't know me actually read it and there are 25 whole other sites that link it), I'm just a strong believer in quality over quantity. So, I'm going to take a short break and sort out all my other issues in the hopes that it rekindles my creativity. Hopefully my next post will be worth the wait.

-L

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get the neck tattoo. The only trashier tattoo is the titty tattoo.

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please don't get a tramp stamp.

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't get fucking lazy. If you're a writer, write. Maybe you won't publish it here, but write something every day. Otherwise your break turns into a month, turns into a memory of when you used to write. Maybe you had a backlog of ideas to work off when you started. But that's not a reason to stop.

5:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have never understood tattoos. It seems that they are a way of supplementing a self-image in a way that simply says, "LOOK AT ME! I'M SPECIAL!" I know there is probably more to it than that, but I am mystified. To me, it's like spray painting "Mom" on a nice shiony new Corvette.

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home