Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Bored

Bored...bored...I'm fucking bored. Bored with my writing, the thoughts occupying my head, my life, my routine, my complete lack of purpose and motion. So what do you do when you're bored?

Everyone keeps telling me it'll pass. I'll find my groove or some manner of bullshit. What if I don't find my groove? What if I don't want a groove? Grooves are dull. I need uncertainty. I want to be scared shitless.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about joining the Peace Corps. The idea of a two-year commitment is a bit daunting, but it seems like an experience that would be both humbling and inspiring. And who knows, maybe it'll cure my writer's block once and for all.

-L

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a big proponent of making major changes while you can and it sounds like you definitely can. You can talk yourself out of it but what have you got holding you down? Take a leap now, while you're without all the luggage that accrues with inertia.

8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't have any commitments at the moment and have something to fall back onto once you're done with the two years, why not go for it?

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace Corps would be cool, but that's a really major commitment just because you're bored. I think you should schedule a cool vacation to somewhere off the beaten path. That'll give you something to plan and look forward to, plus it's only a week or so instead of two full years.

9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

just do SOMETHING jezuz :P

4:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home