Thursday, April 06, 2006

Brain

-L

How much brainpower do human beings devote to the pursuit of sex?

Or more specifically, how much brainpower do men devote to trying to get a woman to have sex with them and how much do women devote to finding a man they are willing to have sex with?

If you really think about it, the only difference between romantic and platonic relationships is sex. No one ever shows off to their friends that they met someone cool to chill with at work. So what’s so special about sex that people put such a premium on it? All it really is, is inserting male plug into female socket—like hooking up your cable system. If you think about the act itself without all the emotional implications it carries with it, it’s really pretty silly. Two people awkwardly pawing at each other’s naked bodies while one thinks about baseball and the other concentrates on “ooh-ing and ahh-ing” as convincingly as possible. Then, of course, the obligatory, “I swear this never happens to me.” And the ever-diplomatic, “Oh, that’s okay. It’s actually flattering.” while trying not to roll your eyes.

If sex ceased to exist, would people become more productive? We only use 10% of our brain’s capability to begin with. Of that 10%, I’d say around 75% (more in some, less in others) is dedicated to obscene fantasies about the opposite sex. If we figured out a way to eliminate all sexual impulses from the brain, would medical researchers have already discovered the cure for AIDS by now? Would we have populated Mars? Would we have found a clean, readily renewable source of energy?

I wish I could figure out a more clever and eloquent way to pose this question, but I’m hungover.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The more accurate comment is, if women were willing to have sex as much as men wish they would, there would never be any work done, ever.

10:15 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you missed this entry:

http://stacked.patrickstack.com/archives/2006/04/02/screw-some-xenophobia/

In fairness, I did do three in one day.

10:22 AM  
Blogger Gamer C. said...

I do believe that sex is a vital necessity (How else will we keep up the human population?) But its on some many people's minds that they forget about the dangers and risk (STD'S, getting pregant etc.)

I'm a guy and yes, I have my own sexual fantasies but I don't think about sex everyday. Doing that would make me tired of it and would delay any other activities I'm doing. I do think that we should fine ways to control our urges, such as exercsing, doing yard work, or playing games (My tatic.) Otherwise, no work would be finish and they'll be about 20 billion people on this planet.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with the brainpower us Human devote to sex. Well, especially,US GUYS. To answer your question, "if sex ceased to exist" I believe we are all (boys & Girls) going to get into a "kill bill" mode bringing upon this world an Apocalypse. If Baseball is on your mind when having sex, baby, you got issues, or your partner(s) really sucks. Sex is a good thing, sex allows us to relax, how many times you where stressed out of your mind and having a nice long fuck helped relax your aching mind, it does the trick for me every time. With out sex, the world will cease to exist, with out sex you could not bet your friend and win the $10, think of all the things you will miss with out it. I disagree with Gamer C. "I do think that we should fine ways to control our urges, such as exercising, doing yard work, or playing games" I let my urges be a source of strength and draw energy from them.
With out sex the need to find a cure for Aids, will be irrelevant, as the disease at one point, will die by itself, nor we will have the desire to populate Mars.
Me, I say the more of it the better this world we all share is. Some one once said "make love not war".
D.
The satanic Led Zep Tat bearer....
Smile.....

3:08 PM  
Blogger CEO of the World said...

I'm not saying it's a bad thing. Not in the least. I just think the act itself is kind of ludicrous if you really strip it down to what it is and look at it. I'm perplexed by how something so seemingly simple can make things so complicated. And I'm also intrigued by how much pressure is put on people to actively seek it out. If you want proof of this, go to any NYC club on a Friday night.

-L

P.S. Who is this?

4:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree with you on that. It should be simpler. After all it is a known fact that is what people seek, whne they go out, all dressed up feeling sexy, each trying to out do the next, so what's up with the big song and dance? it just another part in the game of LIFE.

D.


D.

5:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home